Thursday, February 10, 2005

Diving in

The new rocker panel is welded in. The fit was good with minimum wrestling. Had to put a little body filler in where the old lead was. It's about ready for primer. The bottom body line turned out nice and straight. Finished the latches for the trunk. Takes some head scratching to fabricate brackets so they are adjustable. Cookie came out to the shop so I ask her to push the button, voila! The trunk popped open. (yud had ta been there)

Ordered a dent puller kit from the company that I bought my welder from. It has a nozzle that spot welds a stud (looks like a nail) to the low point on a dent, attach the slide hammer and give 'er a yank, out pops the dent. I'll post pictures when I get it to show how it works. I've seen this used before, but when I saw Charlie on "American Hot Rod" use one on the door of a"56 Chevy, I knew I needed one. Guy can't have to many tools.





The hard part is done, just caulk the seams and primer

Had to weld a piece in to fill the opening where the original latch was

The actuator will mount to the side, next to the latch

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Kathleen Lee said...

Beautiful work my dear, and not bad photography either!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger ~Phoenix~ said...

I don't know if I am more impressed with the way you put the latch together or the picture of the new latch. You are a man of many talents, restoration and photography! Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home