Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A little history

For those who are not familiar with my ongoing affliction with this car, I bought a 1966 Ducati motorcycle from Danny Waitley in 1970, can't remember what I paid for it. After rebuilding the engine and painting it I traded it to Pat (my brother-in-law) for the '55 in 1971. I drove the '55 one time. The old 265 c.i. engine was sooo tired and the front wheel fell off on the way home. I never drove it again. When I was chasing construction all over the country, I put the car in storage (15 yrs). I probably have more $ in stroage than the car was worth. I towed it to Colorado in the late 80's and worked on it some. Quite a few parts were bought and I traded my old chassis for a restored one from a fellow I worked with. After 34 years the time has come. My schedule is to have it on the road by summer of 2007. I know this seems like a long time, but I want to do a good job and $ is not abundent for the project.

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Kathleen Lee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Kathleen Lee said...

Hey sweetheart, thanks for the history lesson. It makes the journey more interesting.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger ~Phoenix~ said...

All good things are worth waiting for anyway. Better late then never is what I say. And I think now is the time to rebuild her as you are at a special place in your life to give it the attention it needs.

Good job DAD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home