Thursday, January 27, 2005

What it is

It might be of interest to know what I have to work with. In 1979, shortly after my son Cody was born, I pulled the engine (350 c.i.) out of a 1969 Chevy Caprice and put it in the 55'. Under a large cottonwood tree I used a come-a-long and chain on to the biggest limb I could find to hoist from. Oh the memories! In 1980 while working in Ticaboo, UT I got a 4 speed transmission out of a 1976 Corvette. It is a Borg-Warner Super T-10. In Colorado I traded the Corvette shifter for a new Hurst Competition Plus shifter. I thought I had really cut a fat one. The fellow I traded with went right out and bought me the Hurst shifter($200). Later I found out that used Corvette shifters sell for well over $200. Boy can I wheel and deal! A couple months later I bought a dual quad manifold with carbs (2 four barrel carburators) at a yard sale for $75. The guy I traded shifters with offered me $400 for my $75 purchase so I felt better. That manifold & carbs, engine and tranny are in the car now. I will probably make the manifold & carbs a wall hanger in the shop and put a single 4 barrel on for better gas mileage. Or not, dual quads just look cool.

2 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Kathleen Lee said...

Dual quads do look cool, but then again, so does better gas mileage, hmmm.... what to do, what to do

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger ~Phoenix~ said...

I have to admit I am with Cody on this one, don't know what the hell I am talking about either, but the dual carbs are kind of cool. But for chicks its all about the looks.

You know when you talk engine, your kind of sexy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home