Tuesday, January 25, 2005

My crystal ball , Part I

I remember wanting to restore this car years ago so it would maintain it's highest value, but now the market value is more for cars that are updated with the latest technology. I have done my share of research on what has been done with the Tri-Chevies (55, 56 & 57). The possiblities are endless. The only limitations are one's own imagination and funds. Since this car will probably be driven by my Mrs. more than myself, I feel that it should be comfortable, reliable, fun, perform well and have character, as well as be a looker. The 50 year old mechanics need to be improved. I will replace the manual steering with power steering. This will give the car a more responsive feel and improve handling. The original steering column will be replaced with a new tilt column. Also the drum type manual brakes will be replaced with large rotor disc brakes with a power booster. This will make the "feel" of a new car. To get the ride height just right, I will also install 2" dropped spindles. The whole car will sit about 2 1/2" lower than stock height. So much for the front suspension. More to come!

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Wow. I don't know anything about cars, but that sounds like quite the plan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home